I found these amusing, if not particularly sensitive. I DO wonder why Wylie Coyote’s OCD is not mentioned.
Here are a few other issues I think worth mentioning. (Note, I have no psychological training, so these are purely a layman’s guesses. Feel free to correct me in the comments.)
- Bart Simpson’s coulrophobia (fear of clowns), exhibitionism, and possibly, oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Marg Simpson’s pathological gambling
- Grandpa Simpsons age-related cognitive decline
- Peter Griffin’s borderline personality disorder
- Philip J. Fry’s caffeine-related disorder (from the episode when he drinks so much coffee he can slow time)
- Bender’s kleptomania
- Dr. Zoidberg’s EDNOSE (eating disorder not otherwise specified)
Naturally, I welcome additions below as well.
Alltop is so funny it can cause oneirophrenia.
Why do our brains do this? Or is it just me and The Oatmeal?
Alltop has tons of imaginary friends,and they’re all super!
I think Marc Johns has nailed it. This is exactly the kind of whimsical hat an ampersand would wear. Here are some other suggestions punctuation/headgear combos:
- colon wearing a bowler hat
- semi-colon wearing a flat cap
- question mark wearing a fedora (everyone knows question marks are hipsters)
- exclamation point wearing a pickelhaube
- hash tag wearing a Pope hat
- umlat wearing a miner’s helmet
Feel free to add your suggestions in the comments!