As you probably know, in the book version of 2001: A Space Odyssey, David Bowman’s final words recorded by mission control are: “My God, it’s full of stars!”. (This excellent line didn’t make it into the movie, but it did make it into the sequel, 2010: The Year We Make Contact”.) What you don’t know is that David Bowman had some time to think about his final message, and he had a few early drafts:
- By Thor’s Hammer, it’s replete with twinkly lights.
- Holy shit, I could have had a V-8!
- On the whole I’d rather be in Philadelphia.
- O Vishnu’s titties, I am become … aaahhh.
- I have a bad feeling about this.
- I love you Charlie!
- Mission Control? I’m shitting Twinkies.
As always, feel free to add any other final lines in the comments.