Hello and welcome to today’s edition of Spot the Newton, where you pick out the UNtrue facts about Sir Isaac Newton:
- was unquestioningly one of the most important scientists ever
- died a virgin
- had a passion for alchemy above all else
- once poked a needle in his eye to test an optical theory
- used his roommate’s towel (for who knows what purpose)
- invented a bed-wetting machine for pranking his fellow students
- punched his sister
- developed the calculus (Gottfried Leibniz also did this)
- had a crossbow, and lied about it to his grandmother
- lived for one year on a diet of apples
- was a religious nutjob who learned Hebrew so he could discover the “secret” meaning of the Bible
- threatened to burn down his mother and step-father’s house
- beat the shit out of Arthur Storer
- needed to relax a bit.
Answers accepted in the comments, or via the FB page.
Alltop has a passion for the alchemy of humor. Sources: io9, Facts/Legends, but no cheating. Image by Stavros Damos.