Rickey has an overwhelming meme that must be obeyed:
- look up 15 of your favorite movies on IMDB
- take a quote from each and post them for your readership to properly identify
- as your movie savvy readers correctly identify the quotes’ cinematic origins in the comments section below, they shall be crossed out on the list (the quotes, not the readers)
- bonus points (in the form of a link to your site) if you can guess the speaker too.
Okay, here goes. Some are ridiculously easy, but I think I have a few curves in there too:
Mongo only pawn… in game of life.Blazing Saddles (Mongo)Ellison Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you. How are you?Star Wars (original, Han Solo) Ellison
- We’re all doomed, you know. The whole, silly, drunken, pathetic lot of us. Doomed by the air we’re about to breathe.
- I’m Brian and so’s my wife!
And, you know, the thing about a shark… he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes.Jaws (Quint) Ellison Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!H. King Oh, and remember: next Friday… is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.Office Space Leigh The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long – and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy.Bladerunner Ellison
- Care for a little necrophilia? Hmmm?
- The private life is dead – for a man with any manhood.
- Apology accepted, Captain Needa.
- Young men make wars, and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage, and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room.Dr. Strangelove (President Merkin Muffley) Ellison The days of our kind are numberèd. The one God comes to drive out the many gods. The spirits of wood and stream grow silent. It’s the way of things. Yes… it’s a time for men, and their ways.Excalibur (Merlin) Vickster Nazis. I hate these guys.Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Indy)Alexandra
Okay, I hereby tag the following unfortunates with this bad boy: Aloysius, Archer, Bagel, Ellison & Richmond. If you would like to be tagged, let me know and I’ll add you to the list. Or you could just play.
Still not satisfied. Here is a video about a kickass drink: