Leif presents Vikings: The Next Generation (slide 12)
- Dad, yes, Eric the Red, was an outlaw
- Founded Greenland
- Let’s find something nicer
Helluland: Rocks, rocks, rocks (slide 2)
- Keep sailing boys, this place rocks not
Markland: Getting better (slide 2)
- Okay, there are at least trees here
- But what about those skraelings? Nasty!
- Keep sailing boys
Leif presents: Holy Crap, Grapes! (slide 6)
- Nice place: salmon, wood, wheat, grapes
- Grapes! Grapes!
- That means wine, dudes!
- Wine! Wine!
Vinland: Viking Valhalla Visited (slide 1)
- Yep, found America
- Let’s call it Vinland though
- (Did we mention the grapes.)
Natives of Vinland present: There goes the neighborhood (slide 10)
Regarding the recent visit of strange creatures from the sea:
- They are hairy
- They are smelly
- They are pestilent
- Bodes not well.
Oct. 9, 1003 – Leif Ericson discovers Vinland, landing in L’Anse aux Meadows [wiki] and thus becoming the first known European to set foot in North America.