Plot points to explore (slide 1)
- eroding sense of reality
- protagonist discovers that someone close to him is secretly:
- supernatural being
- brainwashed spy
- from another time.
Plot points to explore (slide 2)
- a combination of these?
How To Build A Universe That Doesn’t Fall Apart Two Days Later (slide 3)
- we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by:
- the media
- big corporations
- religious groups
- political groups…
How To Build A Universe That Doesn’t Fall Apart Two Days Later (slide 4)
- what is real?
- we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms:
- do not distrust their motives
- distrust their power
Science (slide 1)
- helps us
- even with the H-bomb lurking about
- science has given us more lives than it has taken.
February 20th, 1974 (slide 1)
- 1 wisdom tooth removal, plus
- 1 sodium pentothal anesthetic, plus
- 1 vesica pisces amulet
- equals multi-verse revealed.
VALIS (slide one)
- Vast Active Living Intelligence System
- (gnostic kind of God)
VALIS (slide two)
- is that which, when you stop believing in it, it doesn’t go away.
VALIS (final slide)
- Side benefit of this novel — it will totally freak out Mark A. Rayner.
Hundreds of novels and stories written by Philip K. Dick, born Dec. 16, 1928.