Skip to content
Leo X Rejoices (circa March 11, 1513) –> slide 2
- It has served us well, this myth of Christ.
- God has given us the papacy
- Let us enjoy it
- That means party like it’s 1599!
Secretary intimus of Leo X presents a short list of things required for next Papal parade (circa 1514)
–> slide 5
- 24 tuns of wine
- 12 panthers
- 3 jesters
- plus, Hanno, the white elephant.
Alfonso Petrucci presents “The Pope must die” (circa 1517) –> slide 6
- Spends too much money on himself
- Always drunk
- This “St. Peter’s Basilica” project is also very expensive
- Not to mention the 6,000 ducats he gave in alms last year.
Leo X presents “What to do with a problem like Petrucci?” –> slide 2
- Follow his co-conspirators
- Wouldn’t it be terrible if they all caught fatal “food poisoning”?
- Oh, and let’s strangle Alfonso.
Leo X presents Bull! (circa 1520) –> slide 1
- Exsurge Domine
- Luther must retract 41 of 95 theses
- Or be excommunicated
- (Christians must be taught to cherish excommunications rather than to fear them.)
Leo X presents “It’s good to be Pope” (circa 1521) –> slide 7
- So what if Luther burned my Bull?
- We’ll burn heretics like him.
- Can someone do something about all these mosquitoes?
Alltop and humor-blogs.com like funny hats too. Pope Leo X, b. December 11, 1475, d. December 1, 1521 (of malaria). x Originally published, Dec. 2006.