My Grade 11 Gym Teacher Explains the Book (Slide 2)
- Those choir boys were surprisingly tough
- Ralph was a disappointment
- Piggy got what was coming to him
- (He’d be target practice in “dodge” ball)
- Too bad they were rescued. I’d have left them on the island a bit longer. Toughen em up.
Carl Rove Presents the Lord of the Flies as Political Allegory (Slide 4)
- Ralph represent democrats
- Piggy represents liberal media
- Jack is me
- Roger is Rummy
- Simon is W.
- Samneric are the pigs, er, voters.
George W. Presents the Lord of the Flies as Political Allegory (Only Slide)
- Big lizard, right?
- Ate the children. Heh, heh.
William Golding’s Birthday (Sep. 19) | Allegory of LOTF