Thorgest presents “How to pillage” –> slide 3 (circa 839 AD)
- yes, it’s very exciting when you find an un-pillaged Irish monastery
- get the ORDER of things correct
- take money, gold & silver treasure FIRST
- THEN burn it down.
Thorgest presents “New developments in the pillaging industry –> slide 2 (circa 840 AD)
- apparently, the Church will ransom some priests and monks
- so, no more “head loppings”
- hands, feet, still okay.
Ragnar Lodbrok presents “Paris could be burning” –> slide 2 (circa 845 AD)
- captured Paris
- 7,000 pounds of silver and I won’t burn it
- no promises about other parts of West Frankia.
Ivar the Boneless presents “No jokes about the name” –> slide 3 (circa 875 AD)
- it’s because I can’t walk, okay?
- nothing to do with impotence!
- make one more joke and you’ll get “St. Edmunded”
- (tied to tree and made to look like hedgehog)
- (yes, with arrows dumbass).